Thursday, February 17, 2011

Boulevard of Broken Dreams

I walk alone. I walk alone. The sky is dim. The air is thick. The atmosphere is oppressive. I walk alone. I walk alone. A blank page. Unmet expectations. Disappointment. Not taking the initiative. Letting it slip away without even having reached. I walk alone. I walk alone. No one with me. No one in sight. Tears fall to the dust. I walk alone. I walk alone. A piano gathering dust. A blustery gust of wind whips my hair into my face, into my eyes. I cannot see clearly. I walk alone. I walk alone. An empty hand. An unkissed mouth. Pure but alone. Walking alone. The sun doesn't rise on a new beginning, but perpetually sets on what little there is. I walk alone. I walk alone. Houses crumble to the ground around me. Echoes resound all around, and fade into obscurity. Nothing can really penetrate this silence. Imobility seizes me. My mind grows numb. Thoughts are sluggish, fighting to the surface. Restrained. I cannot remember. I cannot recall. I cannot go on walking alone. Always alone.

1 comment:

  1. I freaking hate the wind, can I just get that off my chest? I don't understand what purpose it serves. Unless you're a kite or a sailboat or something, I don't see why anyone would like the wind.

    I like how your piece had ACTION. "Houses crumble to the ground around me." Very immediate.

    The end makes me nervous. "I cannot go on walking alone." Good.

    ReplyDelete