Sunday, March 6, 2011

Self Image - ME

Who am I? How do I see myself? I am a smart person who does well in school. I work hard. I love coming to school. I like to sit in the front, where I can best see the board and hear the teacher. I love learning new things. I always have a hard time choosing my classes, becasue I have to weigh and consider them all and slowly rule out classes by level of my interest. I love reading, I love drawing, and I love music. I'm a bright person who is nice to others. I smile a lot and have a good attitude about things. I don't let things bother me, especially if it's out of my control. Okay...I admit that I'll still fret a bit, but mostly I don't worry so much. I know that I'll do my best, and go from there. I love who I am. I love being me. I wouldn't change me for anyone. The only thing I outright dislike about myself is my procrastination habbit. It causes grief. I hate it. If I hate it so much, why can't I seem to change it? I just...keep doing it. Why?! I've been trying to get rid of it for years now..hm...maybe 'trying' is the wrong word. Rather, I've acknowledged that I have a problem. I just can't seem to make myself take the steps to get rid of it. I haven't 'tried' yet. If I want it to go away, I have to take an active stance against it.

4 comments:

  1. I think this is such a good idea! Just talking about who you are and how you see yourself. It would be cool to do this again in a couple months or years and see how you think you've changed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey your not the only one, one of many I'm sure, that procrastinates... the only reason there isn't a club is because it can be done tomorrow. Any way, I like this post because it wasn't shouty, it wasn't trying too hard, it was just you talking. I've found that it is extremely help full to just write. Write thoughts, write impressions, and if inspiration strikes(by all means) write that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good idea!! Its awesome that you can just write a post about yourself like this and write it really well too! Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great!!! It feels like something I need to work on too.... ha ha.... I like the line about having acknowledged that you have a problem and I feel the same way. I also have acknowledged that I have a major procrastination problem but I have started to get better.

    ReplyDelete